Beatus
Menu
Search
Search
Menu
Book
Book

ERMITAGE, Wellness & Spa Hotel Milestones

1955

The hotel was originally constructed as a "golf hotel" in Schönried.

1957

The name was changed to "Hotel ERMITAGE Golf".

1977

Hoteliers Heiner Lutz and Laurenz Schmid bought the Hotel ERMITAGE Golf.

1979

The first indoor-and-open-air salt-water pool was opened in Switzerland at 1,200m above sea level.

1980

The hotel was extended around the salt-water bathhouse with 37 new bedrooms and suites.

1987

The main building, with 39 bedrooms and junior suites, was officially opened along with a sauna park with three different saunas.

1996

Official opening of the spa area "Vitalità" with treatment rooms for massages, facials and body treatments as well as a fitness room.

2000

Further rooms were added to Vitalità for special treatments: Rasul bath, Golden Nostalgia and Hamam.

2004

The fitness room was extended and the Vitalità area was extended once again with additional treatment rooms and a new changing room.

2005

Official opening of the large outdoor sports pool and the new lounging area. An additional floor was added to the salt-water bathhouse in addition to 15 new bedrooms and suites.

2007

Vitalità was expanded again to include a spacious new reception with sitting area, an "Alpienne" room, additional massage rooms and an air-conditioned exercise room.

2010

The new building project was commenced with the excavation of the new "Résidence" quarters.

2011

From March, the hotel was closed for eight months for the biggest expansion and extension project in hotel history. The two new quarters of "Saanen" and "Résidence" are up and running.

On the 21st of December, the hotel opened its doors once more under the name: "Wellness & Spa Hotel ERMITAGE". Guests now have at their disposal: 3,500 m² of wellness, 7 new restaurant parlours, a new show kitchen, spacious new suites, as well as the Panorama Hall with its magical view of the mountains.

2014

The ERMITAGE Wellness & Spa Hotel was sold to Heiner Lutz's brother, Jürg Lutz, and his sons Julian and Ambros.